Family Medicine Physician, Touchwood Qu’Appelle (RURAL)
Location: Fort Qu’Appelle and area
Type: Primary Health Care Contract
Posted: 05-Oct-2015 |
The Touchwood Qu’Appelle Primary Health Care Network provides core and rotational services to Fort Qu’Appelle, Balcarres, Lestock and Raymore. Based out of the Fort Qu’Appelle Primary Health Care Centre the physician(s) will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team in providing primary health care services to the community of 2500 (increased population in summer months), the rural municipalities, and the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council communities.
Position Details Include:
- Facilitate and improve access to office appointments and ongoing medical care, recognizing the volume and demand for clinical services;
- Promote and expand primary health care with a focus on delivery of a continuum of comprehensive and coordinated services responsive to community needs;
- Establish/enhance an integrated system of health services accessible on a 24/7 basis, through networks and teams of health providers;(call coverage is shared with a 1:6 Rotation – based on current physician group);
- Provide quality patient care through establishing strong patient-physician relationships, documentation of assessment and intervention in patient record, and efficient and effective communication within the multidisciplinary team;
- Participate in health promotion programs and primary care initiatives which improve access and care to clients;
- Attend the medical advisory committee and other meetings as required;
- Participate in continuing medical education activities, including mandatory training;
- Lead the education, supervision and evaluation of medical students and other healthcare professionals.
The candidate will hold certification from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), and be eligible for a license to practice in Saskatchewan. Applicants will also hold ACLS certification. In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Quick facts about Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan:
- The Touchwood Qu’Appelle Primary Health Care Collaborative provides a variety of core and rotational services including: Public Health nursing, Mental Health & Addictions, Physical & Occupational therapies, Diabetes education, Home care, Dietitian services, lab, x-ray, Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery.
- The All Nations Healing Hospital in Fort Qu’Appelle provides a wide range of fully integrated services including: 24 hour acute, palliative, emergency, laboratory, radiology and visiting specialist services, a Women’s Health Centre, CRI clinics, expanded maternal/child health care, and access to ultrasound and Telehealth services.
- The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region also supports the Echo Lodge Special Care Home which provides long term care to 50 permanent residents. It also provides respite care and adult day care.
- A wide range of preventative, health promotion and cultural services are provided through the First Nation’s Health Services and the White Raven Healing Center (located within the facility).
- Also located in Fort Qu’Appelle are two personal care homes, including Lakeview Lodge on Standing Buffalo First Nation.
For more information, please visit:
To apply, contact
Coordinator, Physician Recruitment and Retention
Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region
|Location:||Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada|
Mail Ad to a Friend
|This item has been viewed 441 times.|
|Reply to Ad:|